is manufactured from aluminium hydroxide in a way that it produces a highly porous material which can have a surface area significantly over 200 square metres/g. The compound is used as a desiccant (to keep things dry by absorbing water from the air) and as a filter of fluoride, arsenic and selenium in drinking water. It has a very high surface-area-to-weight ratio which means it has a lot of very small pores, almost like tunnels, that run throughout it.
Activated Alumina is resistant to thermal stock and abrasion and will not shrink, swell, soften nor disintegrate when immersed in water. With new technology, we can now remove a variety of contaminants from styrene, polyethylene, ethylene, light hydrocarbons and air. Aluminas are very non reactive adsorbents giving off low heats of adsorption.
Available In :
Used For :
- Bead form in 2-5mm & 5-8 mm. size
- Drying of organic liquids like LPG, Flurohydrocarbons, Gasoline.
- Drying and purification of air and gases like NLG, LNG.
- Drying of Hydrogen, Nitrogen, Oxygen.
- Carbon di oxide removal from air.
- Polymer purification, etc.